Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Today...

Today as I awoke, I already knew the outcome. For some reason I am at peace with it. I am not sure why. As I laid my head down last night, thoughts of anger and fear consumed me, imagining the worst for my country. But today those thoughts are gone. I am not anxious or overwhelmed that my candidate did not win.

I feel pride in my country that our democracy was put on display for the world to see yesterday. I think they saw the value of our freedom as pictures of my fellow citizens standing in line waiting to cast their votes flashed across their TV screens.

I am looking forward to the future, for my children's sake, and hope that our new president will keep America the best place to live. I am also hoping that he finds a way to hold up all his promises, well maybe not some of them.

So on January 20th I will do my part. I will stand behind our President and pray that God will guide his decisions according to His plan.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

What a positive outlook! That's great!

By the way, I just tagged you! Come play along:)

Nikki King said...

Hey SITSta. I have to say I'm having the same exact reaction to the new President-Elect. Not my choice of candidate, but deserves our respect nonetheless. I certainly do not envy him leading our country in these hard times. It is a daunting task for sure!