Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Day in the Life

Wonder what a typical day looks like for us. Yeah, probably not, but I am going to tell you anyway.

We usually get up around 8. We may wake up before then, but we do not get out of bed until 8. House Rule!

I put the girls in the living room with Dora and start breakfast. Then I grab some play clothes and get them dressed. I leave them eating breakfast with Dora and oblige my internet craving for awhile. Then it is off to clean the remnants of breakfast and do my daily chores. (How come I am the only one around here with daily chores.) Doing chores also involves random internet breaks just about every time a walk by the computer.

Around 11 we lather up the sunscreen and head outside. Our activity of choice has been the kiddie pool lately. We manage to stay outside for 30 minutes to an hour, just depending on how many times little S decides to escape from the yard.

Inside we go and the girls hit the tub while I fix lunch. Yeah I know, no supermom lectures. I am like ten steps from them and hear every sound they make.

We have lunch and it is nap time. And then it is time for me to get ready for work peacefully.

Pretty boring right, but it works for us. As bad as I hate schedules, I have found the consistency equals nap time, and that is the most important part of the day.

No comments: