Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Not.

Did you happen to watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 last night? I was appalled. First let me say, I am not a Kate hater like the ones who exist on the Internet. Usually I feel for her, but last night I could slap her. I know, who am I to judge. I don't have 8 kids, and you could put me in a mental hospital if I had 6 the same age.

But back to last night, the sextuplets turned 4. They requested not to have a big birthday party, but rather a family day. So after church on their actual birthday, they went to a bakery and got to decorate cupcakes. What 4 year old would not love this? But Kate complained the entire time about getting messy. Why did she take them to a bakery in church clothes if she wasn't going to let them participate? And who doesn't let their kid eat a cupcake on their birthday? They were asked if they could decorate two, one to eat there and one to take home. (Maddy and Cara got to eat theirs at the bakery) But Kate said no, only one to take home. And then half the kids didn't even get to eat theirs because they didn't get to eat their dinner. I really hope these kids don't remember this birthday because of bahumbug Kate.

ETA: The more I have thought about this the more disgusted I am. I remember a previous episode in which Kate says something along the lines of we don't have time to video tape things. So by doing this show we are documenting our lives. I hope they lose this tape, because I would hate for any child to see last night's episode, and it be their memory of their birthday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a HUGE Jon and Kate plus 8 fan and normally I defend Kate. But like you, she was so obnoxious in that episode! It was their birthday, I can't believe one cupcake would hurt them.

AFRo said...

I missed it!!! I'll have to catch it next time, but I'm surprised that Jon didn't at least step in on this one. He's such a wuss sometimes, but it sounds like this was incident that he should've told her to back off.

Melissa said...

Well said. I'm not a kate hater either- BUT, she should not have even gone to that bakery if she was going to complain the whole time.

absurdly yours said...

I love Jon and Kate, but you hit the nail on the head with this one. She must have had a major dose of PMS or been in control overdrive on this day.

Anonymous said...

I did not see the episode, but there was an internet fallout over that. By the way, since you wrote a post about J&K, have your blog hits gone through the roof? It's crazy how many people look on the internet for dirt about them! I know, I wrote a post about them on my site and the crazies found it. Ugh.

WheresMyAngels said...

I have not seen this episode. I know another lady I know that post on a support board I belong too, is from the same town. She said the nurses at the hospital where all the kids were born couldn't stand her.