Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mr. B Please Come Home

Mr. B has been working out of town two days a week for the last three weeks. This involves a night away from home. He just can not understand why I am jealous of his uninterrupted slumber in a hotel room all by himself. I could only wish for a night like that. He has only missed a hand full of nights since L was born, so this has been a pretty big deal for us. But tonight when I got home from work, I starting thinking there maybe some pros about this whole situation. So lucky you gets to read my list.

Pros:
  • I can get any kind of take out on my way home for work and only have to get enough for me.
  • Bath time all to myself. No interruptions for my DH with perverted comments. (Come on, you know yours does the same thing)
  • I can watch whatever I want on TV.
  • I get some bonding time with which ever little one is still fighting sleep when I get home. And no husband to make me feel guilty for not spending this time with him.

Cons

  • 2:15 am. The time that one or both girls gets up and thinks they should move into my bed. I am the only one here to handle this miserable situation.
  • An empty bed. Hmmm. Problem solve. Child fighting sleep, move her in there. But wait, they are both crazy sleepers and will wake me up a minimum of 10 times.
  • No one to sucker into getting up with the early bird, L.
  • No one to watch TV with.
  • The resentment that I feel when I am trying to get two whiny kids back to sleep at 2:30 am. I mean he is sleeping peacefully in a hotel room, alone. (At least he better be.)

Yeah, the cons definitely outweigh the pros. To all you single parents out there. I don't know how you do it. I must give Mr. B a little more credit sometimes.

No comments: