Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Craptastic Day

Today just kept getting crappier and crappier.

Mr. B asked me at 4 am if I wanted to go to breakfast before he left to go back out of town at 9:30 am. Sure, that was nice, but I was just thinking of sleeping. So I got up around 8, got myself ready, the girls ready and packed a diaper bag. While he somehow managed to get himself ready. What a big boy.

A new breakfasty place just opened, so we were headed there, but the parking lot was full. And of course it was 9:10 am. He is on a schedule people. We must keep this in mind. So we headed to the closest Mickey D's. We are driving our separate vehicles so he can get on the road as soon as possible. No big deal, right? Nope, Wrong! We were at a red light next to each other. And one vehicle is making a weird noise. I thought it was his. But before I go any farther let me explain his hunk of junk car. It is 14 years old, has over 191,000 miles and makes all kinds of noises. And I found out on my way to work that his windshield wipers don't work. I know it is awful to make him drive such a monstrosity. But, on a regular work day he drives 60+ miles. We don't need a second car payment. The car goes, and he is driving it until it doesn't go anymore.

So we get to Mickey D's, and he is freaking out. Accusing me of doing something to his car. Umm, NO! I have drove this thing less than 100 miles. It's old, it makes noise, get over it. Finally I said just take my car, which he has had out of town with him all week anyway. While I finish eating and clean S up, he is in the parking lot trying to unhook car seats. You would think after 3 years, he would know how to do this. I go out and finish the job for him. And by the way, we drove from one end of town to the other. I never heard the car make the noise again.

After loading the girls up, we head to the doctor's office so that I can be seen for this lovely sinus infection that makes my head feel like it is about to explode every time I bend over. I don't know about you, but I hate going to the doctor with two kids in tow. But no trip to the doctor is complete without a trip to the pharmacy. Oh, and then of course we have no food, so we had to go to the grocery store. Little S was asleep before we even got there. So I loaded her up in the stroller, and she snoozed away. I have mastered the whole pushing a stroller grabbing a few groceries including milk and keeping up with a 3YO thing. Little S continued to sleep as I loaded her in the car, unloaded her at home, moved her to her crib and until 3pm. This is why she would have been the perfect 1st child.

My house needs so much attention. I haven't done anything all week, and had great intentions of doing it today. But once all my meds kicked in, all I could do was lay down and drift in and out of sleep. Because L was running all over the house. Oops, I mean hopping.

So I am staying at work until I know my kids are safe and sound in their own beds. Thanks to the best babysitter ever. And I know this day probably doesn't sound too bad, but it is also my favorite time of the month if you know what I mean, so everything seems worse than I am sure it actually is.

1 comment:

The Jessie James Gang said...

Thanks for your comments. Aren't girls great! I never would have been brave enough to "try" to have them this close either, but you do what you HAVE to do, and God gives you the grace to LOVE what you have to do :).