Monday, January 12, 2009

Day One

So Friday was my last day of working. I am putting my best foot forward into this staying at home thing. By the end of the week, I will wonder what the point of keeping a clean house is when it is just destroyed 5 minutes later right. But I will start this correctly and try to make some good habits.



My first major task is the Binky Challenge. I was adamantly against binkys/pacies/nuks (whatever you want to call them) when I was pregnant with Miss L. Two weeks after she was born I threw in the towel and my MIL brought me a pack she had stashed away since she knew that I would probably want them. I was no longer my daughters personal binky every two hours round the clock. We actually had her broken of her binky completely and along came little s. The perfect solution to Miss L's problem. She could just take hers. There have been so many times I have wanted to take them away cold turkey. The most difficult time is bed time. The time that I was at work. How could I ask a sitter to put down to screaming kids with no binkys?



Day 1 challenge getting rid of the binkys. We gathered them in a bag this morning, and tomorrow we will take them to a friend with a new baby. There were no naps, but lots of crying. So we abandoned nap time and had a snack to get these darn binkys off our minds. I swear this is like fighting a drug addiction. And maybe we will have a lot of extra snacks, but my girls could stand to gain a little weight.



Not looking forward to bedtime tonight.





Bye, Bye Binkys!

6 comments:

Perksofbeingme said...

Here's a trick that I used for some kids that I babysat. Tell them that the "binky fairy" came to take them away. Have feathers and confetti or anything else decorative in their room to show that the binky fairy came and said thank you for the binkies. Tell them that their binkies had to go to other little girls who need them. Hopefully that will work and it makes them feel in control of it as well which helps. Good luck.

Sandy said...

Be strong! In a day or two they will forget about them. Good luck:)

Maternal Mirth said...

I am still working and no end in sight ... *sigh* ... enjoy your status as SAHM :)

Leiann said...

I had the same problem with my older 2. Andrew was completely broken of his and then he figured out that he could take Emma's. It didn't help that they were sharing the same room. But we were able to get rid of them for both at the same time. There is hope!!

~Amber~ said...

I just stumbled upon your blog at Tara's blog. I linked up and will check back if that is cool! I am expecting a little boy next month and my daughter will be 3 next month. She is still very addicted to her binky. I am in no hurry to take it away. It give her comfort and makes her feel better. The dentist said as long as its gone by 4 1/2, everything should be fine. Funny, I was as against them as you were and adamant that they would be gone by a year, and then 1 1/2 years and then 2 years and so on. And I thought I would not want her being seen in public with it, but funny how that went out the window as she grew. I don't care what other people think. They aren't raising my child. She has anxiety issues and her binky brings her great pleasure and its not like she is going to go to college with it in. Heehee.

Anyway, update as to how it's going taking them away from your girls, who, by the way, are both so gorgeous!!!!

Scott said...

How is this going? My oldest daughter will not give the binky up for anything. We have narrowed it down to bedtime and long car rides but still..... If you've found any tricks send them my way! :)